How to Manage Tasks using Google Calendar and GTasks
There are several free and cheap applications to use for task management on your phone. Of course, since Android was purchased and subsequently developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance, applications native to Google work well on Android devices. This tutorial will show you how to merge a task list from Google Calendar to your phone using the GTasks application.
Before You Begin
1. If you do not have a Google account, go to mail.google.com and create an account. The website will give you step-by-step directions.
2. If you have a Google account, log in to your account and select “Calendar” from the top of the screen, which will provide you with a link to your Google online calendar.
3. Sync your Google Calendar with your phone.
Adding Tasks Using Google Account
1. When you sign in to your Google Calendar (www.google.com/calendar) page, there is a “Tasks” list to the right. It will have the same name as your gmail account.
2. Add individual tasks to the list using the “+” at the bottom of the list.
3. Delete tasks by selecting the task you would like to delete and then selecting the trash can icon at the bottom of the list.
4. Use “Actions” tab at the bottom of the list to adjust the order of the tasks, add details, or sort by due-date.
Using GTasks to Sync To-Do with Phone
1. Go to apps.
2. Go to “Play Store”
3. Search “GTasks”
4. Install “GTasks” on your phone by selecting “Install”
5. Select “Accept and Download”
6. You will see a screen requesting access to your Google account and Google tasks. Select “Allow” to sync your Google Tasks to GTasks.
7. Within a few seconds, your task list that you developed will appear on your phone. You can now add tasks via the phone and they will be synced to your Google account as well.
This is part of our Android Basics/Tips and Tricks series. Great for anyone new to Android, or anyone just looking to learn a few tips and tricks! For all our Android Basics, head here.