If you manage a WordPress powered blog, then you should consider installing the WordPress app on your Android Phone. By doing so, you can manage your WP blog while travelling. The app allows you to create posts, edit existing posts and has a lot more options. Here’s how you can configure both the WordPress as well as the App to work together.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have a WordPress powered blog.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Download the WordPress app from here (Google Play Link) OR scan the below QR code.
III. Configuring WordPress Blog:
1. Open the WordPress Admin Panel by going to www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/. Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name.
2. Navigate to Settings followed by Writing.
3. Tick-mark the box labeled Enable the WordPress, Movable Type, MetaWeblog and Blogger XML-RPC publishing protocols.
You have successfully configured your WordPress blog to work with the app. Now, move on to the following procedure to configure the app.
IV. Configuring WordPress App:
1. Open the Menu on your phone and launch the WordPress app.
2. Choose Add self-hosted WordPress blog from the main menu.
[ Choose the third option ]
3. Enter your WordPress blog details and tap the Save button. You’ve to enter your blog URL, username and password.
[ Enter blog details and hit Save ]
4. You will see the following screen from where you can manage your blog.
[ WordPress App Main Interface ]
Using this app, you can Add New Posts, Pages, Upload Photos and Videos, Edit Existing Posts and change the WordPress settings as well. You can also view the stats of your blog using the Stats option.
It’s really a handy app that you can carry with your Android smartphone to manage your WP blog from anywhere in the world.
A big thank goes to Automattic Inc for creating this app and making bloggers’ life much easy.