Mounting feature in the Windows 8 lets you mount the ISO files stored on your PC as Disk Drives and you can access them just like you access a real disk-drive. Some PC games require their ISOs to be mounted to install them, so this feature comes handy at such times. Here’s how you can mount and unmount ISO files in Windows 8:
I. Mounting ISO Files in Windows 8:
1. Open the folder where you’ve stored your ISO file.
2. Right-click on the file and select Mount.
3. You’ll now see the ISO mounted inside your Computer.
4. That’s it!
After having your work completed with the mounted ISO, you may want to unmout it. Here’s how you can do that:
II. Unmounting ISO Files in Windows 8:
1. Open Computer on your PC.
2. Right-click on the virtual drive that was created while mounting ISO file and select Eject.
3. The virtual drive will be removed from your PC.
4. You’re done!
Great! This little feature in Windows 8 really helps save time and efforts that could otherwise be required to mount/unmount ISO files!