How to Root the HTC Salsa
If you are addicted to Facebook and need a phone that just breaths the great social networking site, you should consider buying the HTC Salsa. With a dedicated Facebook button on the phone, the HTC Salsa is manufactured for those who share each and every moment of their life on this social site. The great news for the Salsa owners is, they can root the phone very easily and can use all those root-requiring apps available in the Play Store. Here’s how you can root the HTC Salsa.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Your device must be S-OFF in order to use the following procedure. A nice guide is given here to gain S-OFF.
2. Rooting the device will void its warranty, keep it in mind and proceed further.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. PH11IMG (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Root (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the HTC Salsa:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Connect your smartphone to your PC with the help of the USB cable.
3. Transfer both the files, PH11IMG and Root, to the root folder of your device’s SD card storage.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file’s been copied.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Reboot your device into the HBOOT mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. It should automatically detect the PH11IMG file you transferred earlier and ask you if you wish to update your device with the same. Choose Yes and it should begin the flashing process.
8. Reboot your device after the flashing is finished.
9. Turn OFF your device.
10. Reboot it into the Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
11. Choose the Recovery option from HBOOT menu.
12. From the CWM Recovery Menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
13. Navigate to the location where you placed the Root file, select it for flashing.
14. Let the Recovery flash Root file. After it’s done, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now from the main menu of the Recovery.
15. You are now rooted !
You have successfully flashed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device as well as rooted it, all the custom ROMs and tweaks for your device are waiting to be flashed !
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Salsa to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.