Huawei Ascend G510 was launched back in January 2013 and is one of the Android phones running Jelly Bean on-board. If you happen to have this phone and want to tinker around it, then this guide will definitely be helpful to you. Before you can do any kind of customizations on your device, you’re gonna need root-access on your device. The guide below covers how you can root your Huawei Ascend G510 so you can then enjoy all the root goodie on your device. Here’s how you can root your device:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the Huawei Ascend G510:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the update.app file you extracted to your Desktop over to the dload folder on your Internal storage.
5. Once it has been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Turn it back on by holding down Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. It’ll automatically flash the file on your device.
9. Once the file’s been flashed, reboot your device.
10. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
11. Double-click on the file named rootx_start.bat available on your Desktop.
12. It’ll start rooting your device, will take a couple of minutes to finish.
13. Reboot your device once it’s been rooted.
14. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your Ascend G510 has been successfully rooted and is all ready to be loaded with your favorite root-only apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Huawei Ascend G510 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.