Although some may say it’s difficult to root a Huawei device, but we at TheUnlockr are ready to serve you with a pretty easy method to gain root-access on your Huawei Ascend P7. Once rooted, you’ll have everything on your device that you ever wanted in your life, believe us.
Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your Huawei Ascend P7, you’ll be able to:
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Interested? Here’s how to root your Huawei Ascend P7:
I. Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device and may damage your device as well, if not done properly. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up damaging or bricking your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. You can unroot your device to reinstate your warranty, however.
3. This should only work on Windows based PCs.
4. You should’ve appropriate drivers installed on your PC. You can get the latest drivers from the official website of your device manufacturer.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download Root Genius and save it to your desktop.
Root Genius (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Huawei Ascend P7
1. Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
2. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Select HiSuite as the connection type on your device.
4. Double-click on Root Genius executable and it’ll launch.
5. Click on Root button in the tool and it’ll start rooting your device.
6. Your device should be rooted in a couple of seconds.
7. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your Ascend P7 is now rooted and you can check the same by installing the Root Checker app on your device.
You can click here to find all of the Huawei Ascend P7 How To’s.
You can also find all of the Huawei Ascend P7 ROMs we have here.