Rooting your Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro will allow you to play around with root-only apps, flash custom recoveries and eventually install some custom ROMs on your device. Root has thousands of advantages and you should definitely root your device if you aren’t much concerned about your warranty. The guide below shows how you can root your Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro and get the most out of it. Here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Unlock Bootloader (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro:
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Now right-click on the file named as unlockbootloader.exe and select Run as administrator.
6. Once it opens, click on ROOT Your Phone button.
7. It should root your device and you’ll have the Superuser app installed on your device.
8. Now in the same tool, click on Unlock BOOTLOADER.
9. It’ll unlock the bootloader of your device so you can flash custom recoveries and ROMs.
10. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You have successfully rooted your Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro smartphone and it’s all ready to be loaded with your favorite root-only apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.