The Karbonn Titanium S5 is a budget-friendly, quad-core 1.2GHz device primarily available in India and features an 8MP camera, dual-SIM support, and a 5-inch IPS touchscreen display. The device currently runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean but with no prospects of updates in the future, Titanium S5 users now turn to developers for anything new or better than what they already have – the devs have delivered and we now have a root solution and also a working ClockworkMod Recovery. The guide below should help you with the first part – rooting your Karbonn Titanium S5.
I. Before You Begin
1. Back up everything you feel is important before you start.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin to prevent unwanted shutdowns.
II. Necessary Downloads
motochopper.zip [Link available in this post]
III. Rooting the Karbonn Titanium S5
1. Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Development and ticking the USB debugging checkbox.
2. Connect your device to your PC. If there are drivers being installed at this point, let them do so. If they are not installed automatically, download the proper drivers, install them and try again.
3. Extract motochopper.zip to a folder on your desktop.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on run.bat to begin the rooting process.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. When you are prompted to accept USB Debugging connection on your device, tap on OK.
Once the Titanium S5 reboots, it should be completely rooted!
IV. Installing Custom Recovery
If you want to install a custom recovery on your Karbonn Titanium S5, go to our guide here.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.