It has only been a couple of weeks since LG announced its flagship device for the year, the LG G3, and we now have a method to gain root-access on the device. I know most of you were waiting to root your device and get the best out of it. So here’s your chance to do so:
Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your LG G3, you’ll be able to:
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Interested? Here’s how to root your LG G3:
I. Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device in any way. Do it at your own risk.
2. You should have required drivers installed on your PC. If you haven’t, you can get the latest drivers from here.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download iOroot and save it to your desktop.
iOroot (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG G3
1. Extract files from iOroot to your desktop by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Turn ON USB debugging on your device by going to Menu > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
3. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Double-click on ioroot.bat and it’ll launch.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
6. And you’re done!
Congratulations! Your LG G3 is now rooted and has SuperSU app installed on it. If you’ve been waiting to load root-only apps on your device, now is the perfect time to do so.
You can click here to find all of the LG G3 How To’s.
You can also find all of the LG G3 ROMs we have here.