Towelroot has made rooting a lot of Android devices much easier, and the LG Optimus F6 from MetroPCS is one of the devices supported by the tool. If you happen to own the said device and are looking for the easiest way to root it, the guide below is all you need.
Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS), you’ll be able to:
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Interested? Here’s how to root your LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS):
I. Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. This procedure doesn’t require a PC.
II. Rooting the LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS)
1. Enable Unknown sources on your device by heading to Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
2. Head over to the Towelroot website on your device.
3. Tap on the Lambda icon and an app should begin downloading on your device.
4. Once the app’s downloaded, tap on it and it’ll install on your device.
5. Launch the newly installed app from your App Drawer.
6. Tap on make it ra1n button in the app.
7. Let the app do its thing.
8. Once it’s done, head over to the Google Play and download and install SuperSU on your device.
9. You’re now fully rooted!
Congrats! Your LG Optimus F6 from MetroPCS is now rooted and has SuperSU installed on it.
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS)
1. If you wish to flash a custom recovery on your device, then you can follow our procedure on the same here.
You can click here to find all of the LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS) How To’s.
You can also find all of the LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS) ROMs we have here.