Maybe you just picked-up a brand new LG Optimus F7 for yourself? Maybe you wish to root it to unlock its true potential? Either way, this procedure should help you. Whether you’re looking to install root-only apps on your device or you want to flash a custom ROM, this guide is all you need. Here you go:
Unrooting is the process of removing root access, a custom recovery (if you have one), and just trying to get the device back to as close to stock as possible.
Some of the reasons for unrooting your LG Optimus F7 are:
- Sending in the device for warranty (most, but not all unrooting procedures reinstate the manufacturer warranty if you had one before rooting).
- Starting over (simply undoing everything you did while rooted so you can have a clean slate to start over).
- Fix any issues (Maybe rooting messed something up? No problem, unrooting will take care of it for you).
Ready to get started? Here’s how to unroot the LG Optimus F7:
I. Before You Begin
1. This’ll void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. This should flash a custom recovery as well.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download Framaroot APK and save it to your desktop.
Framaroot APK (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Download 2nd Init Recovery APK and save it to your desktop.
2nd Init Recovery (Download link’s available in the first post)
3. Download CWM Recovery .zip and save it to your desktop.
CWM Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG Optimus F7
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy Framaroot APK from your desktop over to the root of your SD card.
3. When it’s copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Head to Menu > Settings > Security on your device and enable the Unknown sources option.
5. Launch File Manager and tap on Framaroot and it’ll install.
6. Once installed, open the Framaroot app from your App Drawer.
7. Select Install SuperSU from the dropdown menu.
8. Tap on Gandalf.
9. It should begin rooting your device.
10. When it’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re now rooted!
Congrats! Your LG Optimus F7 now has root-access. To confirm the same, you can install one of the Root Checker apps from the Google Play store.
If you’re interested in flashing a custom recovery on your device, here’s how you can do that:
IV. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the LG Optimus F7
1. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy 2nd Init Recovery APK and CWM Recovery .zip from your desktop over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder on your SD card.
3. When both the files are copied, unplug your device from your PC.
4. Enable Unknown sources on your device by heading to Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
5. Open File Manager and tap on 2nd Init Recovery APK and it’ll install.
6. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
7. Tap on recovery apply.
8. When it says success, tap on reboot.
9. Your device should reboot into recovery mode.
10. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
11. Select CWM Recovery .zip to be flashed on your device.
12. It should begin flashing the selected file on your device.
13. When the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
14. You’re all set!
Wonderful! Your LG Optimus F7 now has root as well as a custom recovery. It’ll help you flash custom ROMs and custom Mods on your device.
You can click here to find all of the LG Optimus F7 How To’s.
You can also find all of the LG Optimus F7 ROMs we have here.