Motorola Droid Pro has been around for some good time now and the period of time it’s gone through hasn’t given it much updates. Still the device is stuck at Android 2.3 Gingerbread while the other devices containing the same specifications are enjoying ICS and Jelly Bean. If you own this device and wondering how you could get something surprising from it, then we’d recommend you to root it. A rooted device provides far better and superior features, such as the ability to install root-only apps as well as uninstall system apps. Rooting your device doesn’t cost a penny and it’s not a complex process at all. To root your Motorola Droid Pro smartphone, you can follow our guide below that walks you through all the steps required to gain root access on your device. Let’s get started:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. z4Root APK (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the Motorola Droid Pro:
1. Download and place the z4Root APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder.
4. Once copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the File Manager app on your device and install the APK you copied earlier.
6. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
7. Tap on Root button in the app and it’ll start rooting your device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. And you’re all done!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully rooted and you now have a new app in your App Drawer called Superuser that lets you allow/deny root permissions to other apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Droid Pro to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.