How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
If you’re one of those users who aren’t satisfied with the performance of their Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom, you might want to root your device. Rooting the Galaxy S4 zoom will provide you with plethora of options to increase the performance of your device as well as do a number of things on your device. Here’s how:
Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom, you’ll be able to:
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Interested? Here’s how to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom:
I. Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. This only works for the SM-C101 variant of the device.
3. This should flash a custom recovery as well.
4. This procedure should only work on Windows based PCs.
5. You should’ve appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you haven’t, you can download and install the latest drivers from here.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download Odin and save it to your desktop.
2. Download CWM Recovery and save it to your desktop.
CWM Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. Download Superuser and save it to your desktop.
Superuser (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
1. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
2. Copy Superuser .zip from your desktop over to the root of your SD card.
3. When it’s copied, unplug your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
6. Press Volume UP and you should be in Download mode.
7. Extract files from Odin to your desktop by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
8. Double-click on Odin executable and it’ll launch.
9. Click on PDA and select CWM Recovery available on your desktop for flashing.
10. Uncheck Repartition and Auto Reboot if they’re already checked in the Odin.
11. Plug in your device to your PC.
12. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the recovery on your device.
12. When the recovery’s flashed, pull the battery out of your device.
13. Put the battery back in your device and hold down Volume UP, Home, and Power buttons together.
14. You should reboot into recovery mode.
15. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
16. Choose Superuser .zip to be flashed on your device.
17. It should begin flashing the selected file on your device.
18. When the flashing’s done, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
19. You’re all done!
Brilliant! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom now has a custom recovery and root-access. With these two weapons in your arsenal, you can now do almost everything with your device, from installing root-only apps to even flashing custom ROMs. Everything is possible.
You can click here to find all of the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom How To’s.
You can also find all of the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom ROMs we have here.