How to Setup Your Internet/MMS Settings on an Android Phone
If you just had your phone unlocked, or maybe flashed a custom ROM, you might be having an issue connecting to the internet or sending picture messages. This is sometimes due to the fact that the internet and mms settings (that most phones nowadays set automatically when they detect what carrier the device is on) didn’t get set properly.
The internet and mms settings are basically the information the phone uses to decide how to connect to the internet and where to send picture messages. Each carrier has their own information like the web address, username, password, etc. that needs to be filled in in order for that device to be allowed to access data on their network (why this isn’t automatically just associated with the SIM card is beyond me).
So, if you find yourself in this situation, the solution is pretty simple. You need to manually enter this info. The not so simple part is finding the right info to enter. Thankfully, we’ve been trying to simplify that by collecting the internet settings from various carriers, in various countries, and put them into our own Internet/MMS repository for easy access. Now, using that repository, I’m going to walk you through finding the credentials you need for your specific carrier and then how to input them into your Android device.
I. Find Your Internet Settings
1. Head to our Internet/MMS Settings section and search for your country.
2. Choose your carrier in that country.
3. Stay on the page with the settings so you can input them into your phone.
II. Input the Internet Settings
The options below may be in a slightly different location depending on the device, but look for similar options in your device’s settings and you should find it.
1. On the phone, go to Settings by pulling down the notification shade and tapping the gear at the top right.
2. Tap on More Networks (or similar option under connections/networks/etc).
3. Tap on Mobile Networks (or similar option if exists).
4. Tap on Access Point Names.
5. Tap the Plus sign or Add button.
6. Enter in the info from our Internet/MMS section you found earlier.
7. Tap the menu button and tap Save.
8. Tap the empty circle next to the new APN you just created to select it.
After that the device’s internet should kick on and start working. Try going to a website to test it and then try sending a picture message to test that as well. Enjoy!