How to trick the Google Play Market into thinking you are in a different country
There are times when Google Play just doesn’t show the app that you have been waiting for so long. A good example is the Paypal app, which is only available from the US version of the Google Play. We’ll show you in this guide how to fake the country you are from so that you gain access to those apps restricted to specific regions.
I. Before You Begin
Ensure that your device is rooted. If it is isn’t, chances are that we will have a How-To on how to gain root access for your device in our How-To section.
II. Getting Market Enabler
You can do this by opening up the Play app on your device or by installing it over the web using the desktop version of Play.
III. Changing Regions (Without Flying There!)
1. Once installed, open up the Market Enabler app.
2. Click on ‘Save current settings’. This is important as it will get things back to what they were – this can also be done by rebooting the device once you have installed that restricted app that is not so restricted anymore.
3. In the ‘Settings List’ tab, select the carrier you want to fake for Google Play.
IV. Reverting to Your Region
1. Once you have installed the app that you wanted, open up MarketEnabler again.
2. Click on Restore – this will restore your Market settings to their previous local state.