Do you still own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone? Do you wish to unlock it to be able to use it with whatever carrier you want? No problem, here’s how you can do that.
Unlocking the Galaxy Note 2 is as easy as pie. You just need to buy an unlock code, follow a couple of steps given below, and your device will be all set to work with your chosen carrier. Here’s how:
I. Locate the Device’s IMEI
1. Pull down the notification shade.
2. Tap the gear/settings icon at the top.
3. Scroll all the way down to About Phone and tap on it.
4. Tap Status.
5. Write down the IMEI number listed there.
II. Purchase an Unlock Code
1. Either Google for an unlock code provider or purchase one directly from us from our Unlock My Phone section linked below (the unlock code costs start at $29.95 and vary based on manufacturer/carrier. They also usually takes between 2-3 days and if a code cannot be produced a full refund is given).
III. Input the Unlock Code
1. You’ll eventually receive the email with the unlock code(s).
2. Remove the SIM card if there is one.
3. Insert an unauthorized SIM card into the device.
4. You will be prompted for a code when you turn on the device. Input the first code you received via email and click OK. If that doesn’t work, try the second code. Once it says successful, the device should say the new carrier’s name at the top left.
IV. Setup the Internet and MMS Settings
1. Go to Settings > More… > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
2. Tap the three dots (or plus sign) at the top right of the screen and select New APN.
3. Enter in all the information for your carrier into the proper fields. You can find your carrier’s internet settings here sorted by country/carrier alphabetically.
4. Tap the three dots at the bottom once all of that info is filled in and click Save.
5. Tap the dot to the right of the new APN in the list.
6. Pull down the notification bar and tap the quick settings button in the top right corner.
7. Turn on Airplane mode. Wait 10 seconds. Turn Airplane mode back off.
8. You are done.
Yes, you did it. Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is now SIM unlocked and that means it can now be used with any carrier in the world. Enjoy switching carriers!