If you are fed-up of using a custom ROM on your device, or maybe if you’re going to buy a new device and want to sell off your LG L70, you should consider unrooting it. It’ll help you reinstate the warranty of your device as well as remove any signs that you may have put on your device.
Unrooting is the process of removing root access, a custom recovery (if you have one), and just trying to get the device back to as close to stock as possible.
Some of the reasons for unrooting your LG L70 are:
- Sending in the device for warranty (most, but not all unrooting procedures reinstate the manufacturer warranty if you had one before rooting).
- Starting over (simply undoing everything you did while rooted so you can have a clean slate to start over).
- Fix any issues (Maybe rooting messed something up? No problem, unrooting will take care of it for you).
Ready to get started? Here’s how to unroot the LG L70:
I. Before You Begin
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This should only work on Windows based PCs.
3. You should’ve required drivers installed on your PC. If you haven’t, you can download the latest drivers from here.
4. This should flash the stock firmware on your device.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download LG Flash Tool and save it to your desktop.
2. Download KDZ Stock Firmware for your device and save it to your desktop.
Stock Firmware (Download the one that’s for your device and region)
III. Unrooting the LG L70
1. Extract files from LG Flash Tool by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Turn OFF your device.
3. Pull the battery out of your device and put it back in after a couple of seconds. Do NOT turn ON your device.
4. Hold down Volume UP and plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on Windows Enabler that you got after extracting the LG Flash Tool archive.
6. On your Windows taskbar where the clock is located, there are three blue and white squares. Double-click on it and it should say ON.
7. Right-click on UpTextEX file located on your Desktop and select Properties.
8. Click on Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in compatibility mod for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
9. Tick-mark the box that says Run this program as an administrator.
10. Hit Apply followed by OK.
11. Launch UpTextEX by double-clicking on it.
12. Choose 3GQCT from the Type dropdown menu.
13. Choose Emergency from the PhoneMode dropdown menu.
14. Click on folder icon located in the tool and choose the KDZ Stock Firmware you have saved on your Desktop.
15. Hit Normal web upgrade test in the tool.
16. Click on Upgrade start in the window that pops-up.
17. Choose Different Country from the Country dropdown menu.
18. Select English from the Language dropdown menu.
19. Hit OK.
20. It should begin flashing the stock firmware on your device and will take some time to finish.
21. Once the firmware’s been flashed, reboot your device.
22. And you’re all set!
Wonderful! You’ve successfully unrooted your device. It now runs the official LG firmware that came preloaded on it when you bought it.
You can click here to find all of the LG L70 How To’s.
You can also find all of the LG L70 ROMs we have here.