Maybe you’ve rooted your Samsung Stratosphere but now don’t want root-access anymore? Maybe you want to reinstate the warranty of your device? Either way, unrooting will help you. Unrooting your Samsung Stratosphere will remove root-access as well as reinstate the warranty of your device, so you can go to the service center and present your device without any hesitation. Let’s see how you can unroot your Samsung Stratosphere.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Heimdall (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Stock ROM (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Stratosphere:
1. Download and place Heimdall as well as Stock ROM archives to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Install the QuickBoot app on your device using the link given above.
4. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
5. Tap on Recovery option in the app and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
6. Select Wipe data/factory reset as well as Wipe cache options.
7. Once done, turn OFF your device.
8. Now press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together to reboot your device into Download mode.
9. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
11. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window you just launched:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage --recovery recovery.bin --factoryfs systemfs.rfs
12. The process will be done in about five minutes.
13. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
14. And you’re unrooted now!
Great! Your device’s been unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. You don’t have root-access any longer, but you do have gotten your warranty back!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.