The Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus could be labeled a low to mid range device, with its 1.2GHz CPU with 768MB RAM, 4-inch touchscreen display, 5MP camera and Android 4.2 firmware. While there are no custom ROMs that we know of currently, there could be some in the future if the devs or phone owners with coding knowledge think custom ROMs is a good idea. To be ready for this though, you’ll need a custom recovery on your Trend Plus and also rooted. The guide below should help you get ClockworkMod Recovery (a very popular custom recovery) on your device and later on, we’ll show you how to root your Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus!
I. Before You Begin
1. Make sure you have backed up everything important before you begin.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you start.
3. Install the proper drivers before you start. Installing Kies will usually take care of this.
II. Necessary Downloads
2. CWM_22.214.171.124_notouch_GalaxyTrendPlus_s7580_bdc_v0.2.zip [or the latest version from this post under the Requirements section]
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Galaxy Trend Plus
1. Extract Odin307.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Extract CWM_126.96.36.199_notouch_GalaxyTrendPlus_s7580_bdc_v0.2.zip to another folder on your desktop. You should end up with a file called recovery.tar.md5 in the extracted folder.
3. Double-click on Odin3 v3.07.exe from the extracted folder to start the Odin tool.
4. Power down your device and put it into download mode. To do this, press and hold the Home + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for 3 to 5 seconds until you see the warning screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
5. Connect your device to your Windows PC using a compatible microUSB cable. If your PC installs drivers at this point, let it do so. Once that is done, the ID:COM field on Odin should light up blue, signifying that Odin has recognized your device without a problem. If not, make sure you install the proper drivers (by installing Samsung Kies) and try again.
6. Click on the PDA button on Odin and navigate to the location of recovery.tar.md5 to load it on to Odin.
7. Make sure that all the fields under Options section are unticked and then click on Start.
8. Wait for the PASS message on Odin and reboot your device.
You should now have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus! To access CWM, with the device powered off, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until the device boots and goes blank, then release the Power button.
IV. Rooting the Galaxy Trend Plus
To root your Galaxy Trend Plus, our guide here.