I am one of many who are elated to see Nokia and Android come together, two names I like the most when it comes to cell phones. The only bite is the absence of Google Apps, which Nokia refuses to allow for now, at least officially. Unofficially though, you can have all those Google Apps (yes, including the Play Store and the Go0gle Now Launcher!) and that is what the guide below will help you do.
I. Before You Begin
Your Nokia X needs to be rooted for this procedure to work. Use our guide here to help you with this.
II. Necessary Downloads
1. NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014.zip [Download link available in this post]
2. NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps.zip [Download link available in this post]
3. Any file explorer app with root explorer capabilities [Root Browser should do the job perfectly]
III. Installing Google Apps on the Nokia X
1. Extract NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014.zip and NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps.zip to separate folders on your desktop. Both of these folders should now contain files with the extension .apk.
2. Connect your device to your PC and copy both the extracted folders with the apk files to your device’s SD card.
3. Open up Root Browser. If you are opening the app for the first time, you will be prompted to download utilities, tap on Yes for this. Also, grant root access when prompted.
4. In Root Browser, navigate to the NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014 folder.
5. Tap on the Multi-Sel option and select all the apk files. Then tap on Copy to copy the files.
6. Navigate to the /system/app folder and tap on Paste to copy all the files to this folder.
7. Now select all the copied apps and long-press for the options menu. Then click on Permissions.
8. Tick the boxes as you see below:
9. Reboot your device.
10. Open up an explorer app and navigate to the location of NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps and the apk files inside it.
11. Install them one after the other as you would normally install apk files. Make sure the Unknown sources checkbox is ticked in Settings > Security before you do this.
12. Reboot your device.
13. Open up the Play Store and you should now be asked for your Google Account credentials.