How to Remove the Bootloader Unlocked Warning on the Moto X Play
Once the bootloader on the Motorola Moto X Play gets unlocked, it’ll keep showing the bootloader unlocked warning message whenever you reboot the device. In some cases, it’ll even show you the message when the fact is that the bootloader is already re-locked.
If you’re in such a situation and can’t find a way out to remove that warning message from appearing on your device, you can flash the Motorola Moto X Play logo on your device and that should remove the message and show the screen that used to appear before you unlocked the bootloader.
Here’s the procedure to removing the bootloader unlocked warning on your Moto X Play:
Before You Begin
- You should’ve unrooted your device using our how to unroot the Motorola Moto X Play procedure.
- Your bootloader must be re-locked. If you’ve followed our unroot procedure, your bootloader is already re-locked.
- You must have a Windows based PC to do this procedure.
- You should have Motorola USB drivers installed on your Windows PC. Install them if they aren’t already.
- You should only try this on a Motorola Moto X Play device.
How to Remove the Bootloader Unlocked Message on the Moto X Play
To remove the bootloader unlocked message, what you’ll do is flash an unmodified version of the Moto X logo on the device that won’t show the bootloader unlocked message anymore. Here’s how:
Downloading Required Files
- Download Fastboot and save it to your desktop.
- Download Moto X Logo and save it to your desktop.
Moto X Logo
Removing the Bootloader Unlocked Message on the Moto X Play
- Extract files from both Fastboot and Moto X Logo over to your desktop by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
- Head to Menu > Settings > About phone on your device and tap on Build number for 7-8 times and it’ll say you’re a developer.
- Head to Menu > Settings > Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Launch a command prompt window on your desktop by holding down Shift and right-clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting Open command window here.
- When the command prompt window launches, type in the following command and hit Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device should reboot into bootloader mode.
- Type in the following command into the command prompt window and hit Enter:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
- It should flash the unmodified Moto X Logo on your device. Wait for it to do so.
- When the logo’s been flashed, reboot your device using the following command:
- Your device should reboot.
And there you go!
You’ll no longer see the bootloader unlocked warning on your Moto X Play whenever you restart it. That means, anybody who gets access to your device won’t be able to know whether or not the bootloader is locked or unlocked on your device.
You can now send in your device for warranty reasons, sell it out, or do whatever you want with it.
Let us know if this helped you!