How to Root the LG G Flex
Have you ever seen a curved-flexible smartphone in your life? If not, meet the LG G Flex. The phone that has created a buzz around the world, the LG F Flex, brings some unique technology to the table. It curves from its top-edge over to the bottom, just like how you used to play with plastic toys in your childhood and this is definitely something we haven’t seen in any phone, yet. Besides a great physical appearance, there’s a lot to explore in its software side. To get the most out of an Android device, you need to root it and the guide below shows exactly how you can do that. Follow the following guide and you should have root-access on your LG G Flex:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This only works on Windows based PCs.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. vroot (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG G Flex:
1. Download and place the vroot tool onto your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the vroot executable and install the program on your PC.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Launch the vroot program on your PC. You can double-click the program’s icon available on your Desktop to launch it.
6. Hit Root in the program and it’ll start rooting your device.
7. Your device should be rooted within a couple of minutes.
8. Your device should reboot once it’s been rooted.
9. Unplug your device from your PC.
10. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Superuser app on your device.
11. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
12. It’ll ask you to update your binaries, allow it to do so.
13. You’re done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully rooted your LG G Flex smartphone and you’re now all ready to load your device with your favorite root-only apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG G Flex to learn how to do that.