Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your LG G Pro 2, you’ll be able to:
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Interested? Here’s how to root your G Pro 2:
I. Before You Begin
1. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you start the procedure.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more and back up everything important before you start.
3. Following this procedure will void your warranty, so make up your mind that you really want to do this before proceeding.
4. This procedure should work on the following variants of the LG G Pro 2- F350K, F350L and F350S.
II. Necessary Downloads
ioroot24.zip (Download link located at the end of the original post)
III. Rooting the G Pro 2
1. Enable USB debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Developer options and tick the USB debugging checkbox. If you don’t see the Developer options section, go to Settings > About phone and keep tapping on the build number until you see the “you are now a developer” message.
2. Connect your device to your Windows PC in Charging mode. If there are any drivers being installed at this point, let them do so before continuing.
3. Extract ioroot22.zip to a folder on your desktop for easy access.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on root.bat to begin the rooting process.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
All set! Now, you can head to our How to Flash a Custom ROM procedure for the LG G Pro 2 to open up a whole new world of customizations for your Android device!
By the way, don’t be scared, you can always put your device back to stock by heading to our Rooting How To’s section, finding your device, and doing the How to Unroot listed for it there.