No matter whether it’s the original variant of the device or it’s a custom variant, you generally will get a root method when you have a really popular Android device. In this case, we’re talking about the Korean variant of the LG Optimus G. If you’ve got this version of the device you can thank the popularity of it’s other variants for the root access.
Once rooted, the device will be administrative unlocked and you can remove system files (bloatware), add new software, etc.
Here’s how you can go about rooting your LG Optimus G from Korea.
I. Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We take no responsibility if you end-up bricking or damaging your device as the consequence of this procedure. Do it at your own risk.
2. You do not need a PC to root or flash a custom recovery on your device. It can be done right off your device.
3. This should flash CWM Recovery on your device as well.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download Framaroot APK and save it to your desktop.
Framaroot APK (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG Optimus G (Korean)
1. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy Framaroot APK from your desktop over to the SD card storage on your device.
3. When the APK is copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Head to Menu > Settings > About phone on your device and tap on Build number for about 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer.
5. Head to Menu > Settings > Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
6. Launch File Manager and tap on the Framaroot APK to install the app on your device.
7. When the app is installed, launch it from your app drawer.
8. Make sure that the dropdown menu says Install SuperSU.
9. Tap on Boromir and wait for it to gain root-access on your device.
In case the Boromir exploit didn’t work for you, try selecting other exploits in the app as one of them will definitely work for you.
10. Reboot your device when it’s rooted.
11. You’re all done!
Your Korean variant of the LG Optimus G is now rooted. If you’re still concerned, please head to our root checking post to confirm whether your device has proper root-access or not.
Since your device is now rooted, it can be flashed with a custom recovery for you to enjoy many of the custom ROMs available out there for your device. If that is what you wish to do, here’s how you can do that:
IV. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the LG Optimus G (Korean)
1. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Freegee on your device.
2. When the app’s installed, open it from your app drawer.
3. Tap on the option that says it installs the CWM custom recovery on your device.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions for flashing a custom recovery on your device.
5. Wait for the app to download and install the recovery on your device.
6. When it’s all done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all set!
The CWM custom recovery was successfully flashed on your Korean LG Optimus G. You can reboot into the newly installed recovery using the Quick Boot app available for free on the Google Play store.
A custom recovery brings with it a number of options for you to customize your device. One of the greatest ways to customize your device is to flash a custom ROM on it, and that’s what this recovery will help you do. Enjoy!