The Polaroid S8 is an 8-inch Android tablet that just about gets the job done, with its 1GHz CPU and 512MB RAM, and an 800×600 pixel 8-inch display. What could make it better though is rooting it and that’s what we are going to show in the guide below. Read on then to know how to root the Polaroid S8.
I. Before You Begin
1. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
2. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you start. If you are unsure, install Snappea and that should take care of putting in the proper drivers for you.
3. Back up everything you think is important, just in case, although data loss is unlikely.
II. Necessary Downloads
Impactor_0.9.14.zip [or the latest version available]
III. Rooting the Polaroid S8
1. Extract Impactor_0.9.14.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Development and tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC. If your PC installs drivers at this stage, let it do so before continuing.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on Impactor.exe.
5. Choose # drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su from the drop-down menu.
6. Click on Start in the Cydia Compactor app.
Your Polaroid S8 is now completely rooted! To verify, install and open up any root-requiring app or something like the Root Checker Lite app from the Play Store.