Have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0″ tablet and want to gain root-access on it? No worries, this guide should help you do that. Rooting the Samsung devices have always been easier as Odin helps out in the rooting process and the same is true for the Tab 2. Here’s how you can root your device:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure will install a custom recovery as well.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Download the Root Package and save it to your Desktop.
P3100_CWM_RECOVERY-22.214.171.124_SUPERSU-0.99_BUSYBOX-1.20.2.tar.md5.zip (It’s attached in the first post)
2. Download Odin and save it to your Desktop.
III. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0″:
1. Extract files from both archives by right-clicking on them and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
3. Click on PDA and choose the file you extracted from the Root Package archive.
4. Uncheck Re-partition and F. Reset Time options if they’re already checked.
5. Checkmark the Auto Reboot option.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. Press Volume UP and you should be in Download mode.
9. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll start rooting your device.
11. Once Odin says successful, you’re rooted!
All done! Your device’s been successfully rooted and is ready to be loaded with your favorite root-only apps!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0″ to learn how to do that.