Now that your Tegra Note 7’s bootloader is unlocked, you are ready to root it and gain better power over your tablet. The procedure is pretty straightforward and the guide below should get you through it with no fuss.
I. Before You Begin
1. Your device’s bootloader needs to be unlocked for this procedure to work. Use our guide if you haven’t already done this.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin to prevent unwanted shutdowns.
3. While data loss is unlikely, back up anything you care about just in case.
4. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you start.
II. Necessary Downloads
1. root_tn7.img [Download link available in this post under the Rooting For TN7 section]
III. Rooting the Tegra Note 7
1. Power off your device and boot it into fastboot mode. To do this, with the device powered off, press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons until you see the bootloader screen.
2. Connect your device to your PC using a compatible cable.
3. Extract Android.zip to a folder on your desktop. Copy the root_tn7.img file you downloaded above to this same folder.
4. Right-click on the extracted Android folder and click on Open command prompt here.
5. Run the following command on the command prompt window:
fastboot boot root_tn7.img
6. You should see four penguins on your screen and once the flash is complete, your device will reboot automatically.
Once your Tegra Note 7 reboots, it should be completely rooted!