And it’s finally official. The Samsung Galaxy Fold as it’s now called is Samsung’s newest “luxury” device (yes, they called it that while presenting it and we all knew what that meant–wait for it).
Here’s the gist:
- 4.6″ to 7.3″ Screen when unfolded
- Hidden special gears in the hinge to be able to let it open over and over.
- Comes in green, black, blue
- You can customize the hinge color when ordering
- App Continuity: Whatever is on one screen shows up on the other when unfolded
- 512GB SSD
- 7nm processor (let’s guess a Snpdragon 855 in the US, at least)
- 12GBs of RAM
- UFS 3.0 storage
- 2 batteries
- 3 cameras on back, 2 inside, 1 on front
- Side fingerprint scanner
- 3 app multitasking
- 5G or LTE model
- Preorder on April 26th
- Starting at $1980
Yeah, you read that right, $1980. Now that is a lot of money, but honestly for this type of a, let’s face it, first attempt at a concept device that’s what we all sort of expected. It’ll be a luxury for people who can afford it for now and as tech matures, it’ll get less expensive, etc. as is the usual.
But there you go guys, quick specs, pricing and availability on the Samsung Galaxy Fold. Here are all the photos I took at the event of the device on stage.
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below and make sure to sign up for the email newsletter for a weekly email with all the articles/videos I do that week.
As always, thanks for reading.