Touted to be the “industry’s most power tablet graphics”, the Nvidia Tegra 7 features a 72-core GeForce GPU, a quad-core Tegra 4 processor, and a 7-inch HD touchscreen display. With a tablet this good, wouldn’t it be nice that you had more power on it than what Nvidia wished for you to have? If you answered yes, then we’ll show you the way for this – by rooting it. But before rooting it, you’ll need to unlock its bootloader and the guide below should help you with that.
I. Before You Begin
1. Unlocking the bootloader will void the warranty available on your Tegra Note 7. Turn away now if you are not okay with this.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more to prevent unwanted shutdowns.
3. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you start.
4. Unlocking your bootloader will definitely erase all your data! Back up everything you need before you begin.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Unlocking the Tegra Note 7 Bootloader
1. Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Development and ticking the USB debugging checkbox.
2. Connect your device to your PC. If there are drivers being installed at this point, let them do so.
3. Extract Android.zip to your desktop.
4. Right-click on the extracted Android folder and click on Open command prompt here.
5. Run the following commands on the command prompt window:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
6. You should be prompted on your device now; select unlock it.
7. Reboot your device.
Your Note 7 bootloader is now unlocked and primed for rooting!
IV. Rooting the Tegra Note 7
If you want to root your Note 7, head to this post.