If you’re here to unroot your Samsung Galaxy Ace 4, you probably have a strong reason as to why you’re unrooting your device. Whether it’s to get the phone back to stock so you can send it in for warranty or just to get it back to stock cause you may have gotten carried away with flashing custom ROMs.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to unroot the Galaxy Ace 4 by flashing a stock ROM or firmware to the device using Samsung’s own flashing software called Odin.
By flashing the stock ROM, you’re going to not only remove the root-access from your device, but you’ll also get the device back to the way it was when it was first taken out of the box. Now, if you ever change your mind about unrooting, you can always re-root to get your device rooted again, of course.
So, if you’re ready, here’s the procedure for you to unroot your device and get it back to the stock ROM:
I. Before You Begin
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This should flash the stock ROM on your device erasing all of your device data. So, make sure to have a backup before you proceed further.
3. Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your Windows based PC, if you haven’t done so yet.
4. This only works for the SM-G357FZ variant of the device. You can find out your variant by going to Menu > Settings > About phone on your device.
How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy Ace 4
To unroot the device, you’re going to flash the stock ROM that will revoke root-access and flash back all the default settings and apps on your device. It wouldn’t be wrong if I said you’re going to flash the whole Android OS on your device.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download Odin and save it to your desktop.
2. Download the appropriate stock ROM for your device and save it to your desktop.
Stock ROM (choose the one that is for your region/carrier from the list)
III. Unrooting and Getting the Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Back to Stock
1. Uncompress files from both Odin and Stock ROM to your desktop by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable to launch the tool on your PC.
3. When Odin launches, uncheck the Repartition option as it’s mandatory for you to do that or the procedure won’t work.
4. Click on PDA in the Odin and select Stock ROM available on your desktop. Make sure you’re choosing the extracted ROM file and not the archive that you downloaded earlier.
5. Power off your device.
6. Reboot your device into download mode by pressing and holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
7. Press Volume UP and your device will enter the download mode.
8. Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
9. Click on Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing stock ROM on your device.
10. Wait for Odin to flash stock ROM on your device.
11. When it’s done flashing the ROM, reboot your device.
12. You’re now unrooted!
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 is now unrooted and is running the official stock firmware.
The first boot might take some time, so please don’t panic. Also, you’ll need to set-up the Google account on your device to access the Google Play store as well as other services available on your device as per the usual (but also, as per the usual, you’ll be guided by the on-screen instructions).
Let us know if this helped you get your device back to its original state and helped you fix the issues, if there were any.