1. Download and install Microsoft .Net 4 Framework.
2. Download and install the Samsung Drivers.
1. On the phone, hit Menu then go to Settings > Applications > Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked ON.
2. Download the One Click Rooting program for your specific phone and extract it to somewhere on your computer.
3. Connect the phone via USB cable to your computer.
4. Right click the AT&T Captivate One Click Root.exe/T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe file and select Run As Administrator
5. A command prompt window will appear, simply follow the instructions in the command prompt and you’re all set.
1. Head over to our How To Load a Custom ROM on the Samsung Vibrant/Captivate procedure.
Big thanks to TGA_Gunnman for his one click rooting program!
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.