1. Here is the phones this should work on:
Acer Liquid Metal
HTC Magic (Sapphire) 32B
HTC MyTouch 3G
Motorola Atrix 4G
Motorola Pro +
Samsung Galaxy 551 (GT-I5510)
Samsung Galaxy Portal/Spica I5700
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Samsung Galaxy S SCH-I500
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Samsung Galaxy 5
Samsung Transform M920
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Sony Xperia Arc
Toshiba Folio 100
2. Here is a list of phones that it does NOT work on so far:
Sprint EVO 4G (HTC Supersonic)
Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)HTC Desire GSM
HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)
Droid Eris (HTC DesireC)
HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)
3. This procedure gives you root access on your phone, in order to load a custom ROM, please do this procedure then continue to the next procedure for your specific device at the end of this procedure.
4. This currently only works on Windows computers. If you do not have a Windows computer, please find a friend with a Windows computer to do this (I guarantee you have at least one).
IF YOU ENJOYED USING THIS PROGRAM PLEASE THANK/DONATE TO CLSHORTFUSE HERE.
1. Download and install the latest version of the rooting program, unzip it, and install it on your computer:
2. On your phone, go to Settings > Applications > Development > Make sure USB Debugging is checked ON.
3. Plug your phone in via USB cable to the computer.
4. Right click the program and click Run As Administrator (or just double click it if using Windows XP).
5. Click the Root button and wait for it to finish.
6. Once done, you should see superuser permissions in your phone’s apps. If so, you are all set!
1. Once you have root access, you can install WiFi tethering for your phone. Head to the WiFi tethering site and download the appropriate version for your phone (if your phone is not listed, they do not currently support your model):
2. Then save it to your phone’s SD Card.
3. Download Linda File Manager (free) from the Market on your phone and open it.
4. Navigate to where the .apk file is saved on your phone’s memory card and click it to install it.
5. When you open the WiFi tethering app for the first time, click Allow when Superuser pops up asking for permission. All set!
1. To load a custom ROM you need a custom recovery image. Please click the procedure below to load a custom recovery image onto your phone:
Issue: It gets stuck on waiting for device…
Solutions: Try these solutions, starting with the first then retry, then the second and retry, and so on until it works.
1. Check to make sure USB debugging is checked on in Settings > Applications > Development.
2. Close the rooting program. Turn off your phone (keeping it still plugged in). Open the rooting program and click root. Then turn on your phone and see if it continues.
3. Close the program and unplug the phone. Download and install PDANet and follow it’s on screen directions to get it to install the drivers manually for your phone. Once it is done installing, plug the phone in and reopen the rooting program.
4. If that still doesn’t work, then go to our How To Setup ADB Procedure, finish it and return here to start over.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!