Universal Method Disclaimer: This is a universal method. Feel free to try it but if it does NOT work for you, simply head to our How To section and look for your specific phone to see if we have a different procedure for your device and try that instead. Good luck!
2. This procedure will flash a custom recovery image onto your phone, then show you how to use that recovery image to flash custom ROMs.
3. Your phone must be on Android 1.6 or higher as ROM Manager only works on Android 1.6 or higher).
1. Search the Market on your phone for ROM Manager. Download and install the free version.
2. Open the ROM Manager app and click on Flash Recovery, choose your phone model and wait for it to finish. (You may need to click Allow if Superuser Permissions pops up).
3. After it says success, you have a custom recovery image and can continue.
1. Head to our Android ROMs section and choose the phone model you have.
2. Click on the ROM you want to download and save the ROM’s .zip file to your computer.
3. Plug in your phone via USB cable and mount the SD card so we can transfer files to it.
4. Copy the ROM’s .zip file to the root of the sd card (NOT in any folders, just on the SD card itself) (Do NOT extract the .zip file, leave it as a .zip file).
5. Unplug the phone from the computer.
6. Open ROM Manager and click on Reboot Recovery.
7. Once in the custom recovery image, do a Nandroid backup.
8. Once the backup is done, click Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
9. Once the wipe is complete, select flash .zip from sd card and flash the ROM you put on the sd card.
10. Once it is done, select reboot system now. Enjoy!
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss