1. This method is for flashing a custom recovery image and custom ROM.
1. Once you have done the above to procedures, open the Market on your phone and search for ROM Manager (Free).
2. Install it.
3. Open the ROM Manager app and click Menu, then Settings and turn ON Delete Recovery.
4. Click Back and then select Flash Recovery.
5. Choose your phone model and then let it flash the recovery.
6. Click Reboot Recovery and you should be put into the custom recovery image screen. If so, you are all set.
*If you get a phone with a red ! symbol when you reboot into recovery that means it didn’t stick. So just take out the battery and put it back in then turn the phone on and repeat steps 3-6 over and over until you get a black screen with green writing on it instead of the ! screen.
1. Head to our ROMs section and choose your specific phone. Then click on one of the ROMs and select which one you want. Download it and save it to your computer.
2. Once it is saved, plug in your phone via USB cable and mount the SD card so we can save files to the sd card.
3. Copy the ROM’s .zip file over to the root of the sd card (NOT in any folders on the sd card, just on the root of the card) (do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip).
4. In the custom recovery screen, select Nandroid then Backup and backup your current ROM.
5. Then select Wipe Data.
6. Then select Apply .zip from sd card and choose the ROM you downloaded earlier.
7. Once it is done flashing, click reboot system. Once it reboots, you are all set. Enjoy!
IV. (Optional) Overclock the Phone
1. If you want to overclock your phone, head to our How To Overclock Your Perm Rooted T-Mobile MyTouch 4G / T-Mobile G2 procedure.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!