After rooting, if you are looking at flashing some custom ROMs to enhance your device’s functionality, installing a custom recovery would be the way to go. A popular custom recovery is the ClockworkMod Recovery and if you want to get this on your Galaxy W, read on to know how.
1. You need to be rooted for this procedure to work. Use our guide on the same to help you with this.
2. Back up everything you feel is important.
3. Make sure you have your device charged to 75% and above before you begin.
4. You do not need a PC to use this method.
1. Extract the recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-ancora.zip file you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC and copy the recovery.img file from the extracted folder to your SD card.
3. Disconnect your device.
4. Go to the Play Store on your device or on your desktop and install Android Terminal Emulator.
5. Once installed, open up the Android Terminal Emulator app.
6. Type in su and tap enter on your virtual keyboard. Allow superuser access when prompted.
7. Type in dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 and tap enter.
8. Exit terminal once done.
You have now successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on the Galaxy W!
1. Power down your device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see the Galaxy W logo and let go only the Power button.
3. Use Volume Up and Down keys to navigate and the Home button to select options.
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!