We’ve already reported that the Toshiba Thrive has been rooted and is now rocking the ClockworkMod Recovery. The device had been in debate because of some of the issues related with it, however, those are soon going to be forgotten with these new customization methods. This guide teaches how you can root your Toshiba Thrive device and get the root-only apps up and running on it. Don’t worry, the procedure’s quite easy to follow and we’re here to help you out if you’ve any questions. So, here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have ADB installed on your PC. You can learn how to install it from here.
4. This works on the following ROMs only:
1. Thrive Toolkit (Download link’s given at the bottom of the first post)
1. Download and place the Toolkit archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Double-click on Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. And you should be rooted now!
Excellent! Your Thrive’s been successfully rooted and you should be able to see the Superuser app installed in your App Drawer. Now it’s up to you how you want to customize your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Toshiba Thrive to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.