1. This will give you root access and upgrade you to Android 2.1
1. Download the drivers
Acer Liquid Drivers (x86 for 32bit Windows, x64 for 64bit Windows)
2. Click Acer Liquid Tool Setup and follow the steps to install the drivers.
1. Download the Acer Liquid 2.1 Firmware
Acer Liquid Rooted Firmware
2. Save the .bin file somewhere on your computer that you can find it easily later.
3. Download the Acer Flashing Tool
Acer Flashing Tool
4. Run the Acer Download Tool and click Browse. Then look for the .bin file we downloaded earlier and click that.
5. Connect your phone to the computer via usb and then click Start in the Download Tool.
*I ran into an issue where it said Not Connected while Starting AMSS. Wait a good 5 minutes and if it is still stuck, remove the usb cable and put it back in, this fixed it for me.
6. Once it reboots, goto Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Check ON USB Debugging.
1. Download Superboot2.zip
Superboot.zip (updated 6/23/10)
2. Unzip the superboot.zip file.
3. Double click on the reboot-bootloader-windows.bat file and wait for the phone to boot into bootloader mode.
4. Then double click the install-superboot-windows.bat file and wait for it to finish. The phone will reboot.
5. Double click on the reboot-bootloader-windows.bat file and wait for the phone to boot into bootloader mode.
6. Then double click the install-recovery-windows.bat file and wait for it to finish.
7. Once it reboots, you are all set! You have root access, Android 2.1, and a custom recovery image to flash ROMs with!
NOW, you can load custom ROMs! Head over to our How To Load a Custom ROM on the Acer Liquid procedure for how to get started.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss