1. You must have done our How To Root the Nook Color procedure. If not, do it and then come back to this procedure and continue.
2. This method will erase your entire internal memory off of the Nook and flash Honeycomb onto it. This improves the Honeycomb performance over running it from an SD card but also means that you would need to do our unroot procedure in order to get back to stock.
3. This ROM also requires you to flash this ROM using a custom recovery image on an SD card (will explain what that means later) so this means you need a memory card and the WinImage program from the How To Root procedure.
THANKS TO Samuelhalff for all his hard work making this ROM! If you like what he’s done, please thank him and/or donate to him to show your appreciation.
1. Download the Clockwork Recovery image and save it to your computer (original post found here).
2. Extract the .zip file somewhere on your computer.
3. Take your MicroSD card and put it into an external sd card reader then plug that into your computer.
4. Open WinImage and select Disk > Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image on Physical Drive and select the SD Card/SD Card Reader and then select the Cwm .img file that we unzipped earlier and wait for it to finish.
1. Download the latest Honeycomb ROM from here and save it to your computer.
2. Copy the honeycomb ROM (and leave it as a .zip file) to the sd card you just flashed using WinImage. Put it on the root of the SD card, NOT inside any folders just on the sd card itself.
3. Once it is done transfering, remove the sd card from the computer.
4. Turn off the Nook.
5. Put the SD card inside the Nook while it is off.
6. Turn on the Nook.
7. You should be greeted by the Clockwork recovery screen, on that screen select mounts and storage then select format system, then select format data, then select format boot.
8. Now make sure system and data are NOT mounted (they will say “mount system” and “mount data” if they are NOT mounted).
9. Push the power button to go back, then select Install zip from sd and then choose zip from sd and then select the honeycomb ROM we put on the sd card earlier and wait for it to finish flashing. It will take a while.
10. Once it says install from sd card complete, turn off the Nook.
11. Remove the sd card and then turn the Nook back on. Enjoy!
Issue: Market starts to download an app and then stops and won’t continue.
Solution: Go to Settings > Applications > Manage > find the Market and click Force Stop then click Clear Cache. Then search for Google Framework and click Force Stop and Clear Cache. Then reboot the device and try again.