Ever felt like your LG G2X isn’t providing you with the speeds it can actually deliver? No worries, just overclock your device and your issue will be resolved. Overclocking means increasing the CPU clock speed of your device, thus increasing the overall performance of your device. Here’s how you can overclock your T-Mobile LG G2X smartphone:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the T-Mobile LG G2X procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. Follow our guide on the same to do that.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Tap on Recovery option in the app and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. Backup the entire firmware of your device and save the backup on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Faux Kernel (Download the appropriate kernel from the first post)
1. Place the Faux Kernel archive onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Faux Kernel archive over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. In the Recovery mode, select wipe cache partition followed by Yes.
8. Head to advanced>>Wipe dalvik cache and hit Yes.
9. Head back to the main menu of the recovery.
10. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
11. Choose the Faux Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
12. It’ll begin flashing the kernel on your device.
13. Once the kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
14. You’re done!
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro
2. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now in the app, keep on increasing the clock speed as long as your device’s comfortable with it.
4. Don’t select the save on boot option in the app, it may crash your device.
5. Once you’re fine with a specific speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your LG G2X has been successfully overclocked and is now all ready to provide you with much better speeds!
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the backup file you created in earlier section to be restored on your device.
5. As soon as you select the backup file, it’ll begin restoring it.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re done!
Congrats! You’re back to the stock kernel with no modifications at all!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.