Have root access, but now you want to load some custom ROMs for even MORE features?! We’ll we’re here to help 🙂
Thanks Paul at Modaco!
Thanks Amon Ra!
I. Before You Begin
1. You MUST have root access! Do our How To Root the Nexus One procedure and THEN come back to this procedure and continue.
II. Flash a Custom Recovery Image
1. Download the Nexus One Amon Ra Recovery Image below:
Nexus One Recovery Image (Link under Download in the first Post)
2. Save the recovery image file inside the superboot folder you used to root the phone.
3. Turn the phone off and then plug it in via USB cable.
4. Turn it on by holding down Power and the Trackball to get into fastboot mode.
5. Open a command prompt and type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
*this is to check that the computer can see the phone (a serial should pop up if it can)
6. Then type:
fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img
7. This should flash the recovery image onto the phone.
III. Flash the Custom ROM
1. Download the ROM you want from our Nexus One ROMs section.
2. Turn off the phone.
3. Turn it back on by holding down Volume Down and Power until the bootloader screen comes up. Let it finish searching then select Recovery by using the volume buttons and click power to select.
4. Once the recovery screen comes up, select Nandroid Backup (to save a backup just in case, optional)
5. Then select Mass Storage On and plug your phone into the computer.
6. Copy the ROM .zip file to your phone’s SD card then unplug the phone.
7. Click USB MS Toggle.
8. Click Apply .zip from SD Card and then select the ROM you just copied.
9. Wait for it to finish loading and click Reboot. All done!
Issue: SU Requests brings up a blank black screen.
Solution: Goto Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB Debugging and then Reboot the phone.
Thanks Peter for sending this in!