I. Before You Begin
1. You must have done our How To Root the Samsung Vibrant / Captivate procedure. If not, do that then come back to this procedure to continue.
2. If you have already rooted your phone using ODIN, please flash the stock kernel through ODIN first then do our How To Root procedure then come back to this to continue.
II. Flash a Custom Recovery Image
1. On your phone, go to the Market and search for ROM Manager (the free one) and download/install it to your phone.
2. In the ROM Manager program, hit Flash Recovery, then choose your phone (Captivate or Vibrant).
3. Check ON Remember and click Allow when Superuser pops up asking for permission.
III. Flash a ROM
2. Save the ROM’s .zip file to your computer and do NOT extract it.
3. Plug in your phone via USB cable and mount the sd card.
4. Copy the ROM’s .zip file over to the root of your sd card (NOT in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
5. Unplug the phone
6. Turn off the phone and turn it back on by holding down Volume Up, Volume Down and Power. After the Vibrant/Captivate logo pops up for a second time you can let go.
7. Using the volume buttons and power to select choose Reinstall Packages.
8. Once ClockworkMod Recovery comes up, select Wipe Data / Factory reset, then Yes.
9. Then select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card >Select the ROM you just put on the sdcard.
10. Wait for it to finish flashing then hit Reboot System Now and you are all done!