That custom recovery is ready to go on your phone? Ready to use it for something? Well, the thing you can do with the most drastic increase in performance and feel you your device would be to load a custom ROM. Not only can you get better performance, different icons, themes, etc. but you can also flash newer versions of Android (how about Gingerbread on your Froyo device, etc.?). So if all that sounds good to you, then let’s show you how to do it.
I. Before You Begin
1. You MUST have done our How To Gain S-Off, Flash a Custom Recovery, and Root Your Android Phone Using the Revolutionary Method.
II. Load a ROM
1. Head over to our ROMs section, choose your device.
2. Select a ROM for your device and save it to your computer (do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip file).
3. Plug your phone in and mount the internal storage so we can transfer files to it.
4. Copy the ROM .zip file over to the root of the internal storage (NOT in any folders, just on the internal storage or sdcard itself).
5. Turn off the phone, take out the battery, and put it back in.
6. Turn the phone on by holding down Volume Down and Power until fastboot mode comes up, then select recovery from the menu by using the volume buttons and power to select.
7. Once in recovery mode, scroll to Backup, then select Backup and wait for the phone to backup its current ROM.
8. Once it is done, select Wipe Data
9. Then select Install zip from SD Card
10. Select Choose zip from sd card.
11. Select the ROM’s zip file you loaded onto the internal storage or sd card earlier and wait for it to flash. Done!
12. (Optional) Repeat to load a different ROM.