How To Sync Your Google Account on Your Nokia N9
Bought an N9 and perhaps your coming from an Android device? You’re Google account data isn’t showing up properly on the Nokia N9 when you sync it by selecting Google in the Account app (i.e. it isn’t syncing the calendar or contacts)? No worries, we’ll show you a little work around to get the N9 to sync your Google account just like an Android device.
I. Sync Your Google Account
1. On your device, click on the Accounts app.
2. Select Add Accounts at the bottom.
3. Now, instead of selecting Google select Mail for Exchange
4. Fill in the following for the available fields:
- Put in your Google email address (this also includes Google Apps accounts as well)
- Your username is the email address as well
- Your password is the password you use to sign into the email account
- Leave domain blank.
5. Hit manual setup instead of sign in.
6. Fill in the following for the available fields:
- Calendar is on
- Mail is on
- Schedule is on, and click on it and change it to whatever intervals for peak time and off peak times you want.
- Server address is m.google.com
- Port is 443
- Leave every other option as is.
7. Click done and wait for it to sync. You should now have your Google contacts, calendar, and mail all working correctly.