Need to send in your device for warranty reasons? Make sure you unroot it first to get its warranty back hence you won’t face any unexpected questions at the service center. The guide below outlines how you can unroot your HTC One SV smartphone and get it back to stock firmware. So follow it and get your device unrooted.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock RUU (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
III. Unrooting the HTC One SV:
1. Place both files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, hold down the Shift button and right-click anywhere on your Desktop and choose Open command window here.
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once your device boots up into bootloader, issue the following command:
fastboot oem lock
8. It will re-lock the bootloader of your device so you can then flash the stock firmware.
9. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
10. Ensure your device is turned ON and is connected to your PC.
11. Now double-click on the Stock RUU executable file and it’ll open.
12. Follow the on-screen instructions to flash the stock firmware on your device.
13. Once the firmware’s been flashed, reboot your device.
14. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your HTC One SV has been successfully unrooted and you’re running the official stock firmware on your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.