First cell phones took over internet devices, then GPS devices, then, through apps, more and more electronics became assimilated into the cell “phone”. I think it’s about time the TV Remote went a similar way. Thanks to HTC and Samsung’s success of their new flagship devices with built-in infrared sensors and user-friendly software, I think more and more cell phone manufacturers should go this route and let us remove one more electronic from our lives.
- Simply click a show to get taken straight to it. No need to scroll through a guide forever or remember channels.
- Search for shows and channels using a touchscreen keyboard instead of d-pad.
- Set reminders on the device that’s always within arms reach for when shows are coming on.
- Control any TV, cable box, home entertainment center with one device.
- See how far a show is in without having to go to it.
- See shows on the homescreen you’d be interested in based on selections you make when opening the app.
- Havoc, chaos, and armegeddon ensue at all bars, gyms, living rooms, and anywhere else with a TV.
Worth it, don’t you think?