I. Before You Begin
1. You MUST have done our How To Root (AndRoot) procedure, once done, you can return to this procedure to continue.
2. If this procedure does not work for you, head to our original How To Root procedures (click on How To at the top of the site, then Android, then HTC Hero/Sprint Hero).
II. Flash a Custom Recovery Image
1. Go to the Market and download Busybox by Stericson
2. Open Busybox and click install for it to install Busybox.
3. Go to the Market and download ROM Manager.
4. Open ROM Manager and click Flash Recovery at the top, choose your phone, and let is flash the custom recovery image.
III. Flash a ROM
1. Download a ROM from our ROMs section of our site (make sure it is made specific for your phone, Sprint for Sprint, GSM for GSM).
2. Save the ROM to your computer.
3. Plug in your phone via USB cable and mount the sd card so we can transfer files to it.
4. Copy the ROM .zip file to the root of the sd card (NOT in any folders, just on the sd card itself)(do NOT extract the .zip file, leave it as a .zip).
5. Unplug the phone.
6. Turn off the phone and turn it back on by holding down Home and Power (keep holding both buttons until the recovery image pops up).
7. In the recovery menu, select Backup/Restore then select Nand Backup to backup your current setup.
8. Press Back to get to the main menu, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
9. Once that finishes, Wipe Cache. Then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
10. Press the Back button to get back to the main menu.
11. Then select Flash .zip from SD card and choose the ROM file you saved to the sd card.
12. Once it is done flashing, select reboot system now. Once it reboots, you are running your custom ROM, enjoy!