Follow this procedure completely to create a working goldcard, then return to this procedure and continue:
1. Download the Sappimg File and save it to your newly created goldcard (NOT in any folders, just on the Goldcard itself).
2. Once the sappimg.zip file is on your goldcard, turn off the phone. Then turn it back on by holding down Volume Down and Power. It should boot into bootloader mode and automatically find the sappimg file and ask you to push the trackball to begin the update. Push the trackball and let it update.
*If it tells you Error – Wrong Model ID or anything similar, the goldcard was not created correctly, go back to that procedure and try again.
3. Once it finishes flashing, it should reboot and you will notice your touchscreen does not work (don’t panic). Turn off the phone, then turn it back on by holding down Back and Power (to get into fastboot mode).
4. Download the following zip file, and extract it then copy all the files inside and save them into the AndroidSDK\Tools folder you setup during the ADB setup procedure:
5. Now that you have the recovery, spl and radio all saved in the tools folder of the Android SDK (same folder as the adb program), plug in your phone (while in fastboot mode from step 3).
6. Open the command prompt on your computer and type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
A serial number should come up, indicating that your computer can see the phone in fastboot mode. If so continue by typing in the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot.nb0 (the 0 at the end of this line is a zero not an oh).
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7. Once the phone starts to turn back on begin holding home and power (do not let go until you see the recovery mode) to boot into recovery mode.
8. You should end up in Amon Ra’s recovery mode. Now click on USB MS Toggle to turn on USB mounting. Plug in your USB cable and you should be able to access your memory card on your computer now.
9. Load the custom Fender ROM with Root added below onto your SD card (NOT in any folder, just on the SD card itself, do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip)
10. Then click the button on your phone to disable USB MS Toggle and then click Apply .zip and select the Cyanogen ROM .zip file we just put on the sd card.
11. Once it is done flashing Cyanogen’s ROM, select Apply .zip and select the Google Apps file and wait for that to flash as well.
12. Once it loads click reboot and you are all set!
1. Save whatever ROM you want to flash onto the phone onto the phone by following this procedure:
How To Load a Custom ROM on the Magic (make sure you only flash 32A ROMs w/ the new kernel or you wont have a touchscreen).
1. You can get your MyTouch splash screen back by flashing it here.
Thanks to Cursor for his ROM!
Thanks to Amon Ra for his recovery images!
Thanks to Caesar for sending in the original how to!
Thanks Crypysmoker for the original how to!
Thanks DonJuan692006 for his additions and sending us the files!
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss